Next campus deadline: November 2023
Campus Application Instructions (coming fall 2023)
Campus Application Form (coming fall 2023)
Letter of Recommendation Form (coming fall 2023)
The $80,000 Michel David-Weill Scholarship covers the cost of tuition and living expenses during a two-year master’s program at Sciences Po in Paris, France. The Michel David-Weill Foundation created this scholarship to encourage exceptional American students to pursue their graduate education at Sciences Po, an international research university that specializes in the social sciences and offers multidisciplinary programs taught in English and French. The scholarship is awarded each year to one American student who exemplifies the core values embodied by Michel David-Weill: academic excellence, leadership, multiculturalism, tolerance, and high achievement.
All prospective applicants must make an individual advising appointment with Alicia Hayes, the David-Weill Scholarship’s campus representative.
- be a U.S. citizen
- be currently enrolled as an undergraduate senior at an eligible Sciences Po partner institution
- have a 3.7 or higher GPA
- be aged 19–25
- be accepted to an eligible Sciences Po master’s program
Applicants will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- academic excellence and capacity for critical analysis
- demonstrated history of leadership
- proven commitment to community
- multicultural competency and tolerance
Note: Knowledge of French is not required, as the majority of programs offered at Sciences Po are taught in English, with French tracks or bilingual tracks offered for some programs.
After receiving all Michel David-Weill Scholarship applications, Sciences Po will notify nominees regarding their admission to a Sciences Po master’s program. Then finalists will be chosen among nominees and their names will be submitted to the U.S. Sciences Po Foundation, which works closely with the Michel David-Weill Foundation and the Scholarship Selection Committee.
- Completed campus application form
- Personal Statement (1,000 words)
- Three letters of recommendation (two must be academic)
- Recent graded research paper (8–10 pages with professor comments)
- Candidates must also apply for a Sciences Po’s master’s program via the online application no later than October 31, 2022. Note: Sciences Po dual degrees are ineligible for this scholarship.
For more information about this opportunity, visit the Michel David-Weill Foundation website.