Next Campus Deadline: Summer 2024
The Marshall Scholarship, one of the most competitive and prestigious awards, funds one or two years of post-bachelor study at any college or university in the United Kingdom (England, Wales, Scotland, or Northern Ireland) for up to 50 students in any field of study. The program was created by the British government in 1953 to commemorate the Marshall Plan and is intended to encourage future American leaders to be personal ambassadors to the U.K. The award covers all reasonable educational costs, a personal allowance for living expenses, and travel costs to and from the United States.
Prospective applicants must make an individual advising appointment with Alicia Hayes, the Marshall Scholarship campus representative.
- be a U.S. citizen
- have an undergraduate graduation date between April 2022 and September 2025
- have a minimum 3.7 GPA
Applicants will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- outstanding academic ability with the capacity to play an active role in a U.K. university
- potential to make significant contributions to their communities and fields of study
- strong motivation and seriousness of purpose, as shown through their focused presentation of (and preparation for) a feasible academic program
- Completed online application form
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts for all colleges attended
For more information about this opportunity, visit the Marshall Scholarship website.